What is a Cookie
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to how the visitor uses the site. They allow the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user and help to facilitate browsing and to make an enhanced more user-friendly experience.
Cookies allow us to remember your preferences (like preferred language and country), estimate patterns of use, and provide improved search results. We also collect certain technical information from your computer, like your IP address and the address of a referring web site, if any. This information will allow us to enhance our site to match your preferences. This information is used only for the benefit of Syrp and you, our customer.
Types of Cookies on our Platform
There are several types of cookies that we may use on our site. These are constantly changing while we monitor and upgrade our site.
- Session cookies – These are cookies which expire/are erased at the end of your browser session, but allow us to recognize your actions within a website during that browsing session.
- Persistent cookies – These are cookies which are stored on your hard drive until it expires or you delete the cookie. This allow us to identify your preferences across multiple sessions.
- First Party Cookies – These Cookies are set exclusively by us. We use both session and persistent Cookies.
- Third Party Cookies – These Cookies are set by our service providers at our request while on our Platform. They may be Session or Persistent cookies. These are cookies that sit out on Platform and are managed by third parties at our request, to provide services and improve the customer browsing experience and for advertising. They may also be used to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. Â These cookies collect data about your activities while on our Platform and may be used to enhance the setting party’s datasets. They can be used to serve advertising to you on our Platform and other websites.
Purposes for our Cookies
- Essential Website Operations: these technologies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available on our Platform and to use its features such as adding products to a cart, form submissions, video playback etc. Turning these off would result in limited functionality being available on our Platform.
- Performance and Functionality: these technologies are used to enhance the functionality of our Platform but are not critical to their use. We recommend you use them, since that would give you the best experience of our Platform.
- Analytics: These Cookies collect information that is used in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used and to help us improve our Platform and provide you with a better experience.
Managing your Cookie consent and preferences
Should you wish to turn off all Cookies, you may do so in your browser’s settings or through the pop up on our website.