Genie Mini now connects with our new App
A little progress each day adds up to big things! It is now possible for Genie Mini users to connect their device with the Syrp Genie 2 App. At this stage, not all features are available and it will be necessary to switch to the old Syrp Genie app if you want to access the Panorama and Turntable functions of the Genie Mini. In addition if you want to use the original Genie with the Genie Mini you will need to use the original Syrp Genie App.
Our objective is to eventually transition the old app into the new app so that all functions will be available but please note we cannot confirm if the new App will be able to support the original Genie. We are currently working on this transition and will hopefully have an update ready by the beginning of next year. We always aim for smooth sailing but with such a complex project you never quite know what’s around the corner.
Syrp Genie II App
Download the App for Android here.*
Download the App for iOS here.**
Current features available for Genie Mini and the Genie II App:
- Full Keyframe motion setup (up to 5 keyframes per movement)
- Connect the two Genie Minis for Pan and Tilt
- Sync with the Genie II Linear for a 2-Axis (Track & Pan) or 3-Axis movement with two Genie Minis and the bracket.
- Time-lapse and video
- Customise move shoot delay, interval, record time and playback time
- Set time-lapse movement to move-shoot-move or continuous movement
- Save your own presets or select from our built-in options
- Set your ease in / ease out for smoothly ramping movement
- Regular firmware upgrades for new features
*To sync the original Genie with the Genie Mini, you will need the original Syrp Genie app.
Sign up to our newsletter here for regular feature release updates.
If you require any further information, please send us an e-mail to [email protected] or comment below.
Check the following link for the functionalities and features available with this first release. We will be periodically updating this article with the progress of the app.
*App available on Android 5 (Lollipop) or higher.
**App available on iOS 9 or higher.