Now you can control the Genie with the new Syrp Genie II App
Good news, everyone! The original Genie is now controllable via the Syrp Genie 2 app when combined with the Genie Mini for a 2-Axis or a 3-Axis setup.
Features available with the new App.
- Set up a time-lapse or a video
- Set videos to bounce/repeat moves
- Ease In/Out
The App allows to set up to 5 keyframes on the Genie Mini, however, this is limited to 2 on the Genie, for the start and the end point of the tracking movement.
By clicking on the link below, you will be able to install the latest firmware version on the Genie. This will allow you to use the Genie with the Syrp Genie 2 App when combined with a Genie Mini.
Complete the following steps to install firmware v2.8.4:
- Locate and download the firmware release .bin file attached on this page.
- Take a blank FAT32 aka MS DOS(FAT) formatted USB key and load the .bin file onto it. Please note, if you are using Mac you will also need to select ‘Master Boot Record’ when formatting*.
- Turn the Genie off before upload**.
- Insert the USB key into the USB port on the side of the Genie. Simultaneously hold down the OK and Back buttons. The screen will flash black and white which indicates the unit is reading the .bin file ***.
- After approximately 30 seconds, the Syrp logo should appear and your Genie will load as normal. Remove the USB key.
- Set the time, date, units and frames per second according to your region, navigate to ‘Go!’ and press OK
- Scroll down to 'Settings' and hit 'OK', then scroll to ‘About’ and check that current firmware reads v2.8.4
- Go filming!
* Do not use hard drives or other external USB devices to load the firmware. Some USB keys draw too much power to correctly function. Any key over 16 GB will not work.
** Please note that uploading new firmware will wipe all existing presets and settings on the Genie.
*** If the red indicator light around the 'OK' button stays solid red then the firmware has not correctly installed. Power off the Genie and try again. Consider trying a different USB key. If the red light is flashing continuously please check the USB drive is formatted correctly and the file loaded onto the drive has the file extension ‘.bin’.
200 KB Download / v2.8.4
Read everything about the Syrp Genie 2 App here.
Send us an email with any questions to [email protected]