Who we are
Syrp designs and manufactures film equipment accessories. The business operates an ecommerce store at www.syrp.co, mobile Apps including the Syrp – Genie and Syrp – Genie 2 App on iOS and Android and also other associated content marketing sites including www.everydayhumans.com, www.productionlamingtons.com and www.syrp.co/education
This Policy explains the Legal Basis that Syrp has in processing your personal data, how and what data we collect about you and what we do with that data. This policy will also inform you of your data privacy rights, and how you can exercise those rights.
In this policy, when we talk about “Personal Data”, we are referring to any information that relates to you such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number etc.
Legal Basis for Collecting and Processing Data
We record and use your Personal Information for a number of different purposes related to doing business and according to different Legal Basis of processing.
- Processing necessary to fulfil a sales order/contract and provision of services
We use your Personal Information to fulfil sales and provide you with our Services. This includes the following:
- To manage user registration on the Syrp website. This enables us to identify you as a Syrp user, and gives you access to different functionalities, and a better user experience.
- To complete web store transactions and fulfil orders online through syrp.co. This involves sending your Personal Information to our logistics providers in the Netherlands, China, Hong Kong, New Zealand or the United States depending on your location. The information will also be sent to our internal support team based in New Zealand for processing and tracking your purchases.
- To process payments. We do not store or capture any credit card information. This information is collected directly by our payment processing partner (Stripe).
- To update you with the status of your order, shipping and tracking information.
- To provide you with sufficient customer service via email and phone related to your order or products.
- To provide you with warranty services related to your purchase
- To provide you with necessary and important information about your purchased product including product updates, any shipping delays or other manufacturing notices.
- To ask you to review your purchase, your experience on our website and review the services provided by our customer support team
- Processing necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations:
Personal Information may be used to comply with our local laws and regulations, this includes:
- To comply with relevant tax and financial reporting requirements and regulations
- To comply with any legal proceedings
- To deal with requests from you to exercise your Data Subject access rights
- To process information regarding a crime and support associated legal process
- To monitor activities and safeguard your welfare on our website
- To protect you, ourselves and our employees through appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed a criminal act or are in breach of their legal obligations.
- Processing based on our Legitimate Interests:
Personal data may be acquired to pursue our Legitimate Interests, these include:
- Improving our web services related to any non-functioning pages or links, in order for us to fix them and give you a better user experience.
- Contact you via email to offer you information about your purchased products, our products, sales, tutorials, educational content, offers and services.
- Measuring marketing campaign performance such as open and click rates of email campaign
- Contact you by email or through notifications on our App regarding updates or other communication.
- To respond to your posts, comments and provide customer service on our web platform and other social media Platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.
- To provide customer service to you via email and telephone.
- Processing based on Consent
With your consent, we may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with marketing information via email about Syrp products and services or other relevant marketing content.
- Send push notifications through our mobile application regarding Syrp products or services, product or app updates and educational and other relevant content
How and when you can withdraw consent
Individuals who are residents and nationals of the EU are covered by GDPR, and you may withdraw your consent from Syrp at any time.
- Email Marketing
For email marketing and communications, you can also unsubscribe using the links at the bottom of any of our emails sent to you.
The data we collect from you and how we collect that data
We collect Personal Information from you from our website and app when you register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, subscribe to our newsletter, update or add information to your account or when you otherwise correspond with us.
The provision of Personal Information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as setting up an account or conducting a transaction.
- Personal Information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address when you register for an account with us.
- Postage, billing and other information used to ship an item, as well as, where required, Tax ID and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
NOTE: If you give us Personal Information about someone else, including our social media Platforms and on our website, you must do so only with that person’s authorization. You should inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their Personal Information according to our privacy notice.
- Personal Information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing activity, history and your web log information.
- Personal Information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
- Find out more here
- Personal Information we collect from third parties
- On occasion we might collect Personal Information from third parties such as tradeshows or email lists to market our products and services to you. This information is usually limited to name and email address.
International Transfers of Information
Syrp operates a global ecommerce website shipping to any country in the world. In order to provide a better shipping service we use 3rd party logistics hubs setup in the Netherlands, China, Hong Kong and United States as well as our own warehouse in New Zealand. In order to fulfil orders and ship product we share some Personal Iformation to these logistics hubs for the purpose of fulfilment.
Your personal data rights
Under the GDPR, residents and nationals of the EEU have the following data rights:
- Right to request access: You have the right to request access to the personal data that we process and request to see or view the data or request copies of the personal data.
- Right to object applies to processing of your personal data where it is based on Legitimate Interests and where your data is processed for direct marketing or processed for the purposes of collating statistical information.
- Right to restrict processing or ‘block’ the use of your personal data, for instance where you believe your personal data is not accurate (until the accuracy can be verified).
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to request that the personal data is erased, also known as the “right to be forgotten” enables you to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued use.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services; to move copy or transfer their personal data easily from one environment to another in a safe and secure way without hindrance to usability.
If you are a resident or national of the European Economic Area (EEA) and would like to exercise your individual data subject access rights, please contact our team at [email protected]